Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ray Boltz is gay and how it relates to me. (part two)

So, recently Ray Boltz came out and said he was gay. My previous post was the first way this revelation related to me. This story is the last part.

Several years ago I lived in a town where one of the residents had built his own amphitheater. He built it right in his huge backyard and hosted southern gospel concerts there. I enjoyed going to these concerts and meeting some of the singers. One singer I met was Kirk Talley.

Kirk Talley has been around for a long time. He sang with the Cathedrals and the Hoppers, as well as having a rather successful solo career. I got a chance to talk with him and found him to be a rather interesting person to talk to. Several years ago the news came out that Kirk was gay. If you want to read more about that, search for it on Google, there's a lot you can find there.

Now, here's my favorite part of the story. I remember the shirt I was wearing when I met Kirk Talley. It was, and still is, a favorite of mine. The shirt is rainbow striped. I mean the material it is made from is rainbow. Not just a little rainbow on it, but entirely rainbow. So, I met a gay southern gospel singer while wearing a shirt colored with the symbol the homosexual community hijacked from God's people.

Why do these things happen to me? I'm just blessed.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 30, 2008 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Phillip M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home